Established in 2018, our community allotment is an incredibly special piece of land where you can escape life’s hustle and bustle for a few hours a week.
The allotment is designed to encourage people out of loneliness and isolation and into a healthy activity that improves mental well-being and has positive contact with nature and a sense of achievement.
Work is entirely undertaken by volunteers, so we are always keen to have new gardeners or those who just want to socialise. Don’t worry if you’re not green-fingered or can’t commit to regular times or days, you can drop in to help in any of our sessions when it suits. We welcome those without any experience as well as those with some or lots of gardening experience.
Payment is in the produce grown, and what isn’t used by volunteers is often offered to the food banks and the general public for a donation to the allotment.
We usually hold 2 to 3 open days a year where plants, cakes and chutney can be bought, you can chat with the volunteers and find out about our project too. If you are interested in joining the community allotment volunteers, then please join us every week Monday and Friday from 18:00 – 20:00 (weather dependant).
Victoria Community Allotments
Latest Allotment News
- Autumn – Winter 2020 UpdateSeptember and October saw an abundance of crops which we offered in exchange for donations. People as before could take as much as they needed
- Allotment Summer Update 2020July was another busy month. With the weather, being wetter not all of our crops were successful. The potatoes had some slug damage but those
- Growing through COVID-19!Even though the country was in lockdown. Government guidelines allowed Volunteers to tend to the allotment. Throughout our allotment activities, social distancing was practised and
- 2019 Review!2019 saw our allotment really flourish (sorry for the pun!). We really saw the project develop in to its own with parts of our vision
- Winter 2018 UpdateWinter 2018 was a relatively mild and kind on the allotment and was certainly not as cold as years have gone by. This afforded the
- Summer 2018 UpdateSummer has been a very busy time for the community allotments. The clear up and development of the plots carried on in earnest and the
- The first plot is visible!We started our clear up a week ago and we are now very excited to show the fruits of our labour. We started by clearing
- The clear-up begins!Earlier this year, Victoria Community & Youth Centre acquired a plot of land on the allotments located on Lancaster Avenue, Whitefield. Although it was derelict,